Monday, January 4, 2010

First day back...going well!!!

Today has been going great! I think everyone was just as excited as I was to be back at school. I really missed the kids over the break but I still managed to have a wonderful holiday!!!
Our spelling test will be written this Friday (the 8th) and the words are:
which
said
my
if
an
eight
there
The work sheet was sent home before the break. Thanks to everyone who started studying early. These words can be tricky as most are not able to be sounded out so the more study time you can get in the better.

Show and tell will be on Thursday. Your child may bring ONE toy to show the class. Please make sure they know who they got the present from as this question usually comes up more than once during 'question/answer'. Please do not send guns/swords/etc to school for show and tell. Also, these toys CAN NOT be played with at recess (as I do not want them lost, stolen, or broken). Please remind your child of this very important rule!

We will be starting home reading this week. I will send home a note of how it will work as each teacher 'runs it' a bit different.

I think thats all for now....

Happy Monday!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment